Posted on May 10, 2008 by suedoc
- I kind of want a fagbug. Is that wrong? It is just so damn cute and awesome. [Via Feministing]
- Manliness vs. Guyliness — an interesting post from Edward Keenan’s Act Like a Man. (Is it weird that I read a blog about manliness?)
- How to Win a Street Fight — yes, I read the Art of Manliness, too. Sue me. It’s interesting to read this and imagine a female doing these things. I think a woman giving her “best war cry” would be remarkably intimidating, if for no other reason than being completed unexpected.
- Cleavage at Work: Yay or Nay? asks Jezebel, and I have to give it a great big nay. The article states “On one hand, fuck a mothertrucker who can’t concentrate and look you in the eye just because you’re wearing a scoopneck shirt” but heck, I’m a reasonably heterosexual female and I can’t keep my eyes off the things if they’re just… out there.
- The new/old Starbucks logo is causing a (minor, fringe) ruckus, according to Salon’s Broadsheet. Personally, I like the old/new logo better — it looked sleek and modern. The new/old/new logo makes me think of fish-flavored coffee from the 1800’s. On the other hand, I think “Slutbucks” is a wonderful new word.
- Manbabies switches the heads of dads and their babies in PhotoShop. It’s remarkably disturbing. [via The Daily Dish]
Filed under: links of the whatever, women's issues | Tagged: act like a man, art of manliness, broadsheet, combat, daily dish, feministing, gender issues, jezebel, starbucks, weirdness | 1 Comment »
Posted on April 8, 2008 by suedoc
- Lou Dobbs Is An Idiot — nearly using the word “cotton picking” to describe people who say that America is maybe just a little racist. [Feministing]
- Biology For Christian Schools — published by Bob Jones University, at issue in a lawsuit involving some schools and admissions credit in the UC school system and whatnot. I so totally learned bio from that book. An excellent quote: “If [scientific] conclusions contradict the Word of God, the conclusions are wrong, no matter how many scientific facts may appear to back them.” Coincidentally, I suck at biology. [Greta Christina]
- Oh, um, only two today, I guess.
Filed under: links of the whatever | Tagged: bob jones university, creationism, lou dobbs | Leave a comment »
Posted on March 30, 2008 by suedoc
In other news, I turned a whole year older in the past few days.
Filed under: doctor who, links of the whatever | Tagged: atheism, cohabitation, doctor who, gender differences, greta christina, jezebel, londonist, medicine, morality, new york times, obama, sex | Leave a comment »
Posted on March 19, 2008 by suedoc
Posted on March 16, 2008 by suedoc
- WaPo reports on a man who has been taking care of his wife, who has Huntington’s, since the turn of the century, during which time her mental and physical capabilities have decreased dramatically. He sounds like an absolutely amazing human being. On the other hand, would I want Brett or even my parents to go through all that for me? Give up that much for me? Maybe, I don’t know? I’ve been thinking a lot about my own mortality lately and this is just one more thing I want to make a decision about while I still can. [Jezebel]
- Sex therapists say the best sex lasts seven to 13 minutes. More is not always better. [Jezebel]
- NYC was prettier before there were cars. [No Impact Man]
- Gas is cheaper than milk. [WiseBread]
- An unholy but hilarious and genius mating of Monty Python and Star Trek. [Greta Christina]
- Next on the list of stuff white people like? The blog Stuff White People Like. [Stuff White People Like]
Filed under: links of the whatever | Tagged: gas, huntington's, monty python, mortality, nyc, sex, star trek | Leave a comment »
Posted on February 24, 2008 by suedoc
- Old news, but notable: The Philippines create an all-female domestic violence task force. With pastel work desks. Read the commentary at Feministing. [The Pink Police Power Girl Commandos]
- The WALNUTS! video, if you haven’t seen it yet. [via Wonkette]
- Teaching kids to be nice with empathy babies. [Empathy Lessons from Little Tykes, WSJ]
- James Carville and Bill Frist enjoying Coke (and those annoying, ever-present, ever-empty double decker DC Tour Buses). [Coca-Cola Brings Die-Hard Politicians Back To Sandbox Basics, Adrants]
- The Road to the Greenhouse, from PETA, featuring Dennis KuSpinach and Fruity Guiliani. [via Wonkette]
- Oscarology. I’m a Chariots of Fire — “hard-working, goal-oriented, and willing to battle prejudice and social pressure in order to meet their goals.” What are you? [from Greta Christina]
- Because you can never have enough Bea Arthur. NEVER. [Bea Arthur Does Carrie Bradshaw In Old Lady Sex And The City]
Filed under: domestic violence, law and order, links of the whatever, philippines | Tagged: advertising, bea arthur, bill frist, coca-cola, empathy, james carville, personality tests, peta | Leave a comment »
Posted on December 28, 2007 by suedoc
- Bea Arthur and Rock Hudson sing about Drugs. No, really. You can’t make this stuff up. (Jezebel)
- In the year 2000, women will wear aluminum dresses! And men will walk around with phones stuck to their chests. Well, these 1930’s designers got a few things at least sorta right. (The Thoughtful Dresser)
- Neil Gaiman + cute dog = dreamy sigh. (Neil Gaiman’s Journal)
Filed under: links of the whatever | Tagged: bea arthur, cute boys, drugs, fashion, neil gaiman, rock hudson | Leave a comment »